European Social Policy Analysis Network: Stream on “Young People and Social Policy in Europe”

(Apologies for cross posting)

Dear All,

On the 6-8th September the University of Edinburgh will host the 10th Anniversary Conference of the creation of ESPAnet, the European Social Policy Analysis Network. As stream convenors, we are pleased to announce the presence of a new stream on “Young People and Social Policy in Europe: New Risks and Emerging Challenges” that might be of interest to you.

The stream will explore the many ways that social policy supports young people as they negotiate major life course-stage transitions through adolescence and into adulthood.  It will explore the specific needs of young people and associated claims on the policy and service infrastructure. Social policy problems concerning young people such as inequalities, social exclusion and labour market insecurity are of growing interest in the European social policy community and have invited interest at previous ESPAnet conferences. Social policy is an interdisciplinary field of study and we welcome abstract submissions from different disciplinary areas. For a full description of the stream visit the following link: http://www.espanet2012.info/stream_list/young_people_and_social_policy_in_europe_new_risks_and_emerging_challenges

 The deadline for sending abstracts is 9 March 2012.  Abstracts should be about 300 words and submissions should also include contact details: author(s), affiliation, postal address, phone number and e-mail address. All abstracts should be sent (as word or pdf attachment) to [log in to unmask] (not to stream convenors).

We look forward to the participation of many of you in the stream.

Best wishes,

Lorenza Antonucci & Myra Hamilton

Dr Steven Roberts
Lecturer in Lifelong & Work-related Learning
Southampton Education School
University of Southampton
Southampton SO17 1BJ
Tel: 02380 599 289