From: UK Euro-BioImaging discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Martin Spitaler
Sent: 10 February 2012 12:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Organisation of BioImagingUK

Hi Kurt,

 good to see you enthusiastic about it, after having had a close and critical look at the latest progress at the meeting.

 I think it's a good time to review our organisation, and it's probably a good idea aligning them where appropriate. Most of them are actually aligned already, see below. When we started with this, Eurobioimaging was still fresh and BioimagingUK a loose extension of the facility managers meeting, so the work packages are a bit random. And as previous discussions point out, they are to some degree random anyway - training is linked to career, access to data management and legal issues, everything to finance and sustainability, to name but a few. And therefore, it's even more random who is working where, most of us are interested (and involved) in almost everything every day, but the limit is our time.

 Because of the limit of time and people, I suggest we use this opportunity to review the Working Groups and minimise their number. High-throughput might fit into 'innovative technologies' or 'data', for the analysis side; some might just stay (e.g. EM?); Career is between training and finance planning, but we could propose to extend the EBI package 'Training' to 'Training & Career'.

Any other ideas?
Eurobioimaging

BioimagingUK

Advanced Light Microscopy - General Access

Access to Innovative Technologies

Molecular Imaging

Super-resolution

Medical Imaging

Medical Imaging

User Access

Access Policies

Training

Training

Data Storage

Software & Data

Legal, Governance & Ethical Issues

Finance Planning

Sustainability

Process Plan

Networking and Communications

Connectivity

Project Management

Career

Electron imaging

X-ray microscopy

Higher speed / content / throughput imaging

Probes & Biosensors

Martin