The only people who can feign surprise are those who don't listen or who
forget.

We never had more than one pool because as Kashif points out the writing
is random anyway. I'm not even sure if the solution proposed is real or
if it works because Glasgow has 4 times smaller fs and a larger common
area. Infact adding a new pool and adding a file system adds the whole
60TB to the new pool which means removing it from the atlas pool. We can
reinstall one of the old DELL (~480GB) as a DPM fs but I'm not going to
sacrifice more than that to this.

POOL atlas_pool DEFSIZE 20.00T GC_START_THRESH 0 GC_STOP_THRESH 0
DEF_LIFETIME 7.0d DEFPINTIME 2.0h MAX_LIFETIME 1.0m MAXPINTIME 12.0h
FSS_POLICY maxfreespace GC_POLICY lru RS_POLICY fifo GIDS 0 S_TYPE P
MIG_POLICY none RET_POLICY R
                               CAPACITY 604.95T FREE 0 (  0.0%)
[.....]
   se12.tier2.hep.manchester.ac.uk /raid CAPACITY 54.49T FREE 16.38T (
30.1%)
[.....]
POOL ops_pool DEFSIZE 50.00G GC_START_THRESH 0 GC_STOP_THRESH 0
DEF_LIFETIME 7.0d DEFPINTIME 2.0h MAX_LIFETIME 1.0m MAXPINTIME 12.0h
FSS_POLICY maxfreespace GC_POLICY lru RS_POLICY fifo GIDS 104 S_TYPE -
MIG_POLICY none RET_POLICY R
                               CAPACITY 54.49T FREE 16.38T ( 30.1%)
   se12.tier2.hep.manchester.ac.uk /raid/ops CAPACITY 54.49T FREE 16.38T
( 30.1%)

BTW sites were still accused of "cheating" at the ops TEG for using
reservations to make ops test pass when clusters are full.

cheers
alessandra