Hi,

I am currently (re-)packaging saods9 for Debian (and Ubuntu). ds9 uses slalib directly as well as a part of the astlib.
Both ds9 and astlib, however, use a obfuscated C version of the slalib which does not meet the Debian guidelines; see
<http://www.opensource.org/docs/osd>.

So, I plan to use the Fortran version that is provided by starlink (see <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=659003>). For this, I have some questions:

- Is there a (separate) tarball for slalib available or do I have to use the git repository?

- How does the version scheme for slalib work? sla.news says that the version is like "2.5.5" (or 2.5-5).

- Which version is recommended to use? I would think that I should download the latest version of the "namaka" branch, since this is the released version, right? What about the "kaulia" branch? Is this an unreleased development one?

- Do you have other hints that could help in packaging slalib for Debian?

Best regards

Ole

----
Starlink User Support list
For list configuration, including subscribing to and unsubscribing from the list, see
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=STARLINK