Dear All,

I lecture in law at Queen’s University Belfast and recently started a blog called Two Yellows or a Red? Sport and the Law

http://blogs.qub.ac.uk/sportslaw

The blog is a forum for musings, rants, outbursts and the odd (very odd) bit of critical analysis about sports law.

 All guest pieces, of whatever length and tone, are welcome!! This week’s piece, for example, is by Professor Ian Blackshaw and considers aspects of football’s transfer window.

In the near future I hope to write about an interesting application of EU law to sport in Ireland and namely the recently announced policy of the IRFU (rugby union’s governing body in Ireland) to limit the number of non-Irish eligible players – that is, players who are not eligible for selection for the national rugby team – that the three leading rugby clubs or provinces in Ireland (Munster, Leinster and Ulster) can include in their squads.

The situation is concisely explained by accessing the following article here. Note also the complication that one of the three clubs/provinces (Ulster) is, mostly, in the UK.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

Jack

Jack Anderson