If the data are just warped to the population average, then warping
them back to native space should be very straightforward.  The
complication comes from the additional affine transform that is
involved when using "normalise to MNI".

For examples of using the Deformations utility, take a look at Section
42.4 of the SPM8 manual (Warping one individual to match another).  If
you can segment it, then you can warp your MNI-space scan to match the
population average (via "Run Dartel (existing template)"), and then
combine the transforms as described in the manual.

Best regards,
-John