Dear SPM User,

For my PhD thesis I am comparing multiple methods of EEG analysis using simulated data. The result structures for all other methods I've tested result in a channel x time matrix of p-values for all data measurements.

Due to the conversion of EEG data into 3D time series images for analysis, SPM does not give such an output and I am trying to convert the resulting structure somehow so that I can run the same ROC analysis to compare the SPM method with other ones I've already tested.

Clearly, being able to compare SPM's results with others would be important in determining a method's validity and superiority... so I don't just want to leave out SPM from the comparison.

Is there any way anyone can think of to extract corrected p-values from the resulting SPM structure for a simple t-contrast?

At the moment I could only extract the corresponding uncorrected t-values from the resulting image by sampling the image at the known channel positions over time. So is there any sort of statistical image which shows the corrected p-values (even if negative log transformed for display purposes). If this existed I could sample from that image to obtain a channel x time matrix.

Thanks for any advice at all.

Armand Mensen
PhD Student - University of Zurich