After looking at the results of the segmentation, you could score the
quality as 0, 1, 2 or 3.  This would give a quantitative measure.
Alternatively, you could manually segment the images and assess
whether the algorithm is giving similar results using something like a
kappa statistic.

However, I suspect that what you are really after is something a bit
more objective, which does not require ground truth based on a
subjective opinion from visualising the data (although subjective
opinion from visualising scans is all we have for providing the
training data used by segmentation algorithms).

Although the segmentation algorithms in SPM do not report a measure of
model evidence, this would be one approach that could be used for
comparing segmentation models.  As far as I know, there are not yet
any fully Bayesian segmentation approaches that compute a measure of
model evidence, so it is a bit tricky to use this measure to compare
segmentation models.  Also, the measure reflects how well the models
encodes the probability density of the data, which I suspect will not
really reflect which model most accurately identifies GM.

Best regards,
-John