Generally speaking, FIR models are not used for block designs since its hard to estimate the response for each trial since there is no jittering.

If you were going to try to use FIR and treat this as an event-related design - which I strongly discourage -- you would set the window to about 20-30s. The window is the length of the hemodynamic response for each trial. The number of bins represents the number of time points that you sample across the window. Keep in mind, when you use FIR, you need to have trials that begin at different points to sample each bin.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Office: (773) 406-2464