Dear Christian,

Which characteritics, resolution, number of slices, etc, must have the T1 and FLAIR images?

Thanks

John Ochoa
Universidad de Antioquia

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Christian Gaser <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear SPM users,

we are happy to announce the first release of the Lesion Segmentation Tool (LST) for the segmentation of lesions in Multiple Sclerosis (MS) for SPM. It is able to detect T2 hyperintense lesions based on a T1 and a FLAIR image. Beside the segmentation a utility function for filling lesions in T1 images is implemented. Even though it is still under construction, we hope that the tool will be able to contribute to current MS research. The toolbox was developed, see Schmidt et al. (2012), by a coorperation of the following organizations: Morphometry Group, Department of Neurology, Technische Universität München (TUM), Munich, Department of Statistics, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich, Germany, and Structural Brain Mapping Group, Departments of Neurology and Psychiatry, Friedrich-Schiller-University, Jena, Germany. The reason for its development was the need for an implemented open source tool for the segmentation of lesions MS.

At this point in time, only a lesion growth algorithm is implemented, see Schmidt et al. (2012). We may include further lesion segmentation algorithms and other utility functions to this toolbox in the future.

Plese note that for using the LST toolbox the installation of the VBM8 toolbox is necessary:

http://dbm.neuro.uni-jena.de/vbm8

The paper can be downloaded at:
http://dbm.neuro.uni-jena.de/pdf-files/Schmidt-NI11.pdf

Regards,

Christian Gaser (on behalf of the authors)