Dear Ellen and SEDA people,

Here at Kingston we run what is effectively a “pre-service” course.  We run three masters’ programmes: The MA in Fine Art with Learning and Teaching in Higher Education , the MA in Design with Learning and Teaching in Higher Education and the MFA in Creative Writing. These include 60 credits which come from our PG Cert LTHE. Initially we taught the students alongside our new lecturers but the group became too big so we now teach them as a separate cohort.

The course is well evaluated by the students each year and it seems to have had a positive impact on the employability of these groups (it certainly goes down well in terms of employability strategies for postgraduates –type conversations). My colleagues Lorraine Allibone and Hendrik van der Sluis have been conducting a long term evaluation of the project and they will be presenting  the results of this work at the SEDA conference in May.

Best wishes,

Marion

Marion Webb

Deputy Director of Academic Development and Head of Learning and Teaching Development

Academic Development Centre

Kingston University

Millennium House

21 Eden Street