Morning Everyone,

I have recently joined SEDA and the thread on EdD’s has been very interesting…..I didn’t think when I signed up that my inbox would be quite so inundated, but it has been very welcome just the same…!

I teach at University College Birmingham, but am doing my EdD at Warwick. I’ve completed all the taught modules which I found challenging, but like many others, enjoyed the company and encouragement of fellow students. Now I am onto the ‘thesis’ proper, and without any deadlines per se, my progress has definitely slowed. I thought the recent comment of telling others what you are planning to do was a very good idea……

Could we maybe have an ‘EdD’ drop in/networking  session at the SEDA conference in Spring as it seems there are so many experiences to share? I am hoping to get to the first day at least…

Anyway, my research area is Distributed Leadership in HE and its perceived impact on T & L. Alma Harris was one of my tutors at Warwick so inspired me in this area…if anyone has any comments, please do get in touch.

Best wishes

Sarah Edwards

MSc Programme Manager

University College Birmingham