conference.gifThe Programme Assessment Strategies (PASS) project will host its end-of-project event “Assessment Strategies:  The Way Forward” from lunchtime Tuesday 24 July 2012 to lunchtime Wednesday 25 July 2012 at the Norcroft Conference Centre, University of Bradford.

The PASS team will present project outcomes and evidence which supports our contention that programme-focused assessment can alleviate or resolve many of the issues (pdf) associated with conventional assessment and feedback practices across HE. Staff involved in the various PASS Case Studies will be summarising their work and the outcomes and impact; however, we also aim to give this event an explicit 'forward-looking' theme by inviting other projects and initiatives to join us to discuss and debate common issues and to further disseminate/publicise important developments. To date, the following projects/agencies will be represented:

Booking

Registration for the event (excludes accommodation) is free for everyone. Places are limited and bookings will close at midnight 24 June 2012. Details of local hotels are available from the Visit Bradford web site.

Programme

Tuesday 24 July 2012

1.00 pm Registration and refreshments
2.00 pm Welcome by PVC Bradford
2.15 pm Intro to the event and the PASS project
3.00 pm PASS case studies part 1
3.30 pm Break
4.00 pm PASS case studies part 2
4.30 pm Paper sessions featuring invited projects
5.30 pm Close

Optional extra:  Evening meal at the Great Victoria Hotel - If you wish, you can join the PASS project team for evening meal on Tuesday 24 July 2012 at the Great Victoria Hotel at a cost of £21.95 to be paid direct to the hotel (see booking form for full details).

Wednesday 25 July 2012

9.00 am Poster session featuring invited projects
9.45 am Assessment Dilemmas – Q&A session where delegates can explore how a programme focused approach might assist with a particular assessment dilemma.
11.00 am Break
11.30 am Action planning – where do we go from here?
1.00 pm Close & Lunch

You can keep up to date with the project via our web site http://www.pass.brad.ac.uk/ or by following us on Twitter @passproject

We would appreciate you forwarding this on to your networks.

Many thanks.

Ruth Whitfield
Learning Architect -
http://www.brad.ac.uk/educational-development/aboutus/team/Full_details_27423_en.php
Outduction Project Officer - http://www.outduction.ac.uk/
PASS Project Manager - http://www.pass.brad.ac.uk/
Centre for Educational Development, Academic Development Unit, University of Bradford, BRADFORD BD7 1DP
Tel:  01274 23 3336  Web:  http://www.brad.ac.uk/educational-development/