Help put science at the heart of great television.

Science Media Studentships for biomedical scientists: final call for applications

Our Wellcome Trust Science Media Studentships support practising biomedical scientists looking to explore a career in science broadcasting. We offer funding for a place on the Science Media Production postgraduate course at Imperial College London (http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/humanities/sciencecommunicationgroup/masters/mscinscinecemediaproduction), followed by a six-month placement working in the broadcast industry.

The scheme is in the final call stages and the deadline for applications is 24 February 2012.

Our research shows that the overwhelming majority of the public regard television as their most significant source of information about science. We believe that the broadcast media should represent and reflect all areas of science and culture; therefore, it should be produced by people from a variety of different backgrounds.

We aim to increase the crossover between science and the media and to enable bright, articulate and motivated scientists to explore a career in the broadcast industry.

For full eligibility details and how to apply, please visit our website (http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/Funding/Public-engagement/Funding-schemes/science-media-studentships/index.htm).

If you know someone else within your department who might be interested, please forward on this message.

Regards,
The Science Media Studentships Team

Dr. Lisa Lazareck --- BSc, MSc, DPhil (Oxon)
Public Engagement Adviser
Medical Humanities and Engagement Grants
Wellcome Trust
Gibbs Building
215 Euston Road
London NW1 2BE, UK

We are a global charitable foundation dedicated to achieving extraordinary improvements in human and animal health. We support the brightest minds in biomedical research and the medical humanities. Our breadth of support includes public engagement, education and the application of research to improve health. We are independent of both political and commercial interests.
The Wellcome Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales, no. 210183. Its sole trustee is The Wellcome Trust Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, no. 2711000 (whose registered office is at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK).

This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Email Security - www.websense.com