Hello everyone,

Science Showoff is back again at the Wilmington Arms (http://bit.ly/x3JURx), Clerkenwell, on Tuesday 7th February at 7pm. Can we beat last month's gig, which featured a stunning aria from an opera singer-turned-pharmacologist and the funniest best man's speech I've ever heard? Will we smash the new charity donation record we set of £455.85? I hope so.

Next week, Helen Arney will let the audience sing-a-long to a tune about time, space, maths and philosophy. Rhys “Lightning” Phillips will look at what happens when planes are hit by lightning (plus, why do some songwriters think that lightning is "very very frightening"?). And we'll go a bit CSI when our very own techie Helen Clarkson explains how forensic scientists identify human remains in mass disasters and gang crime scenarios.

Full line-up here: http://bit.ly/xcyWfI. Please come along, and please give generously to our chosen charity, the London Wildlife Trust http://www.wildlondon.org.uk/. We recommend a donation of £5. And because it's Valentine's Day this month, the person who donates the most gets a kiss on the cheek from me (or from our compere Steve Cross, if you ask really nicely).

Best wishes,
Louise

@ScienceShowoff
********************************************************************** Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com from the web site.

Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as 'JISCMail'. It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptable Use Policy: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html

Email commands: 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate. Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used to register on psci-com. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: [log in to unmask]