Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that TWO FOUR SIX EIGHT! from Shoofly Theatre is out and about again this year.
Craig is going to his best friend, Sophie’s, birthday party. Sophie is going to be 5 years old. The thing about Craig is that he really loves numbers and dancing, so as he gets ready for the party we discover the world through his eyes. Does he have enough money to buy cakes and a present? What’s the best way to do up your coat? This is areally entertaining show that creates a world that young children instantly recognise and engages their interest.

TWO FOUR SIX EIGHT! was made with the support of Bristol Old Vic and St Mary Recliffe Primary School. It focuses particularly on Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy, presenting these areas of the curriculum in a theatrical, amusing and engaging way. It explores,amongst other things, Counting, Sharing, Adding, Subtraction andNumber Representation. For example, wrapping a present involves an encounter with Shape, Space and Measures. Reading the invitation to the party involves recognising Numbers as Labels and demonstrates,using mathematical vocabulary, the ideas of Time and Distance. As a result, the show can be used as a teaching aid in follow up work.
This show has been devised with the intention of supporting learningin maths at KS1. The children who have seen the show to date have found it very funny, so have quite a lot of the adults, and we know that it's been really useful as a springboard for learning.

The next public performance is at The Lyric Hammersmith on 3 March. Full details about the show including dates and a short film can be found on my website www.remprojects.com

Thanks for your time

Rachel McNally

PS If you want to contact me about this show please do so via [log in to unmask]

Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan! ********************************************************************** Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com from the web site.

Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as 'JISCMail'. It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptable Use Policy: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html

Email commands: 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate. Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used to register on psci-com. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: [log in to unmask]