Hello all, Roger Graef's production company Films of Record have launched a new project in collaboration with Google+, YouTube and CERN. The project is called CERN People and is a cross-platform venture following life at CERN throughout the year. 2012 has the potential to be an incredibly exciting (and possibly paradigm shifting) year for particle physics and CERN People will be on the front line allowing everyone access to the developments and breakthroughs taking place at CERN from the points of view of those who work there every day.

At the moment, the project consists of a Google+ page and a YouTube channel, the links to which can be found at the bottom of this email. The main aim is to bring experts and anyone else with even the slightest interest in CERN together in one place. Each month 3 to 4 short films will be posted on the sites alongside regular written posts from some of the people who we are filming with at CERN. The Google+ page is part of a larger feature documentary project called MINDS OVER MATTER (2013), a Films of Record production, directed by Liz Mermin. The idea is to keep a close watch on the day to day life as well as any exciting developments at CERN throughout 2012. The project is character driven, focusing on the people who work at CERN, their motivations, concerns and the challenges they face on a human level. We are also hoping that viewers will learn something about the physics from our short films and posts.

We are concentrating on the younger
physicists as we are trying to reach as wide an audience as possible, engaging those who may
not normally be aware of the goings on at CERN. Our goal is to get a
conversation going between expert physicists and interested members of the
public on the Google+ page whilst we track the exciting developments in physics
and hear from those at the cutting edge of particle physics at CERN.

CERN People had our official press launch at
8:30am today and both sites went live at 5pm yesterday afternoon. If you follow the links (see below) you can have
a look at the first posts and videos from CERN People. As we get started we
would love to have some feedback – in the form of comments, for better or worse
- on the short films and posts from well informed and interested people.Your science communication expertese are extremely valuable to us and so If anyone has the time, we were wondering if you might consider taking a
look at the first films and posts and perhaps sharing some of your thoughts. Feel free to forward this to anyone who you think might be interested and tweet/blog/post to your hearts content.

 Thanks all and hope you enjoy CERNPeople Best Nathan Wren - Researcher, Films of Record   CERNPeople
A multimedia project and documentary feature following the most exciting year in particle physics for a generation. A new Films of Record collaboration involving Google+ and YouTube.
Google+:   http://goo.gl/MBLrs
YouTube:  www.youtube.com/cernpeople Email:       [log in to unmask]:     @CERNPeople www.filmsofrecord.com