Research Symposium on
Creative practice, complexity and the creative economy
Birmingham University

This research symposium constitutes the closing event of the AHRC funded
project ‘The role of complexity in the creative economies: connecting
people, ideas and practice’ (AH/J5001413/1).

The symposium is an opportunity for us to share our findings but is also
an opportunity to engage with other academics and practitioners doing
research on the creative economy or on creative practice and using
complexity methods. We would welcome paper proposals from academic and
practitioners’ discussing their investigations and experiences of using
complexity theory in their research on the creative economy or in their
creative practice and the potential methodological challenges involved.

All interested scholars and practitioners are invited to submit, by email,
an abstract for their proposed contribution to the symposium of around
1,000 words by no later than 1st April 2012 at: [log in to unmask]

More information can be found on the project website:
http://www.complexity-creative-economy.net/final-research-symposium.html

Organisers:
Dr Roberta Comunian, Kent University
Dr Katerina Alexiou, Open University
Dr Caroline Chapain, Birmingham University