Dear David,

I found this paper useful in researching creative education.

Guile, D., & Okumoto, K. (2007). 'We are trying to reproduce a crafts apprenticeship': from Government Blueprint to workplace-generated apprenticeship in the knowledge economy. Journal of Vocational Education & Training, 59(4), 551 - 574.

It's about the future development of apprenticeship in the creative sector in the UK and internationally, and supports the idea that design is best learnt as a situated form of practice.

Best wishes

Dr Amanda Bill
Institute of Design for Industry and Environment
College of Creative Arts
Massey University, Wellington
New Zealand

+64 4 8015799 ex 62555