Carel, can you define formal knowledge and methodical research?

My department recently hosted Mike Migurski of Stamen design and Sarah Williams of Columbia for a panel discussion. We asked them about the ethics of data visualization and the responsibility of designers to interrogate data sets. I'll post the video after it is edited.

We host Jer Thorpe, artist in residence of the NYT later this semester. If you have any specific questions for him, pass them along and I will see if we can work them in.

Michael Yap
MFA Candidate
Interaction Design
School of Visual Arts (SVA)