Hi

In my experience chemotherapy affects everyone differently, some people have less energy and side effects, so often it's whatever the individual can cope with ie advise manager on allowing employee to work flexible hours p/t. Re risk of infection , they will be more prone to catch anything that maybe going round at work and all you can do is advise employee to stay away when this is the case. As far as I am aware there are no set policies except they do come under DDA / equality act and employers therefore should make reasonable adjustments for them
Hope this helps

Karen mills
OHA

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Feb 2012, at 17:15, Carolynne Davey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Can anyone advise about a clinical health care worker returning to work initially on chemo, then on radiotherapy - eg guidance re: avoidance of contact with infection, specific tasks. Are there any set protocols or guidance documents, any other advice. thanks

> Please remove this footer before replying.
>
> OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
>
> CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH