The History of Science Unit (HSU) of the Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, is interested in supporting the application of a candidate for the postdoctoral fellowship Beatriu de Pinós, modality B (BP-B) sponsored by the AGAUR, the Catalan Agency for Management of University and Research Grants. Fellowships are awarded by the AGAUR on a competitive basis.

The HSU is looking for a candidate, whose research interests meet those of members of the HSU. We are particularly interested in young scholars working in early modern science, twentieth-century scientific and technological institutions, and science and power. For further information on our research interests  please click here:

http://www.upf.edu/hsu/

Candidates of any nationality are encouraged to apply, application from women are especially welcome. The Pompeu Fabra University is an international environment. For further information on the Pompeu Fabra University please click here:

http://www.upf.edu/

 Candidates are expected to discuss and present their work in English. Potential applicants willing to work with the HSU are welcome to send an email to [log in to unmask], by 20 February 2012, including her/his research proposal, a cv, and the names of two referees we could contact.

Beatriu de Pinós research fellowships allow researchers to spend 2 years in a Catalan university or research centre.

Potential candidates must meet the following requirements:

a) a PhD degree obtained between January 1, 2006 and December 31, 2010; b) To have completed or be on a postdoctoral stay in a country other than the one in which the PhD is obtained and outside Spain for a minimum period of two years. This postdoctoral stay should have been completed when the beneficiary joins the organisation; c) Not have worked for more than 12 consecutive months in the host centre on joining the application organisation.

 For further information please click here:

 http://www10.gencat.cat/agaur_web/generados/angles/home/recurs/doc/bases_dogc_angles.pdf