If independent monaural stimulation is not necessary, like for some language paradigms, one could consider a flat panel speaker in the msr. Because the use a piezo electric membrane no current flows. Now artifact there. In addition, the sound quality is definitely much higher than those tiny tubes. They are manufactured by Panphonics in Finland and the one we have costs approx. $850 including the amplifier.

Michael

Sent from my iPad