Dear colleagues

I've had a query from James Stinson of Ofcom Northern Ireland about academic research on media plurality, with particular reference to Northern Ireland. Is anybody aware of any such research? I'd be grateful for the information - also it could be ccd to James

regards

Máire MD

EMAIL FROM OFCOM NI

Hi Maire

As discussed, Ofcom is carrying out some work into media plurality and we were wondering if any research had been carried out into the issue locally in recent years.

We were especially interested to see if it had been the subject of any academic work.

Thought you might be a good person to ask.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

James

:: James Stinson

   Regulatory Affairs Manager

   Ofcom Northern Ireland

   Direct Line: 028 9041 7515

   Mobile: 07968 022150

  Ofcom

:: Landmark House

   5 Cromac Quay

   The Gasworks

   Belfast

   BT7 2JD

   Tel: 028 9041 7500

   Ofcom in Northern Ireland

Máire Messenger Davies, PhD, FRSA,
Professor of Media Studies, Centre for Media Research,
School of Media, Film and Journalism
University of Ulster, Cromore Rd,
Coleraine BT52 1SA, Northern Ireland, UK
Telephone: +44(0)2870124069
www.arts.ulster.ac.uk/media/cmr.html
email: [log in to unmask]
twitter:@mairemd