On 22 February 2012 13:27, Tehmina Goskar <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Has anyone produced people-based indexes from their collections management
> databases where in some instances records relating to a person may not have
> a related item in the collection?

Do you mean like authority records?  From memory I've only worked with
people records that have a related record (as a donor, maker, etc) in
purely Collx Management Systems, except for projects that have used
the CollxMS to store thematic records, which in some cases have
included people.

I can't see any reason why you can't have people authorities that
aren't related to collection items, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding
your premise?

Cheers, Mia

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg