Michael

Our Aspire item availability links now point to Primo (Library OneSearch) rather than to Aleph.

http://resourcelists.ntu.ac.uk/items/0CAEA66C-B000-C9A2-F8C4-4AB0DFFC1D48.html

On-shelf availability continues to be returned in real-time from Aleph (which is where Primo sources the data from itself).

The ‘View in Library Catalogue’ link is an item-level record deep-link to Primo.

The ‘Search the library catalogue…’ is an Advanced search for Title (phrase) and Author (keyword) in Primo.

Two key issues at the moment:

* The text for the links is not currently customisable, so we’re in discussions with Talis about the development of a widget which would allow us to refer to ‘Library OneSearch’ (and not ‘library catalogue’).

* Our catalogue maintains separate records for electronic and print editions. The de-duplication algorithm in Primo, merges those into a joint record – this causes problems for item-level deep-linking from Aspire (based on a Primo-ized version of the original Aleph LCN), which I’m still pondering on how to deal with (but this is a Primo-side, rather than an Aspire-side conundrum).

Regards

Richard Cross

Resource Discovery and Innovation Team Manager

Libraries and Learning Resources

Hollymount House

Nottingham Trent University

Nottingham NG1 4BU