From: Talis Aspire Users [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Mehves Kayani-Hogan [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 14 February 2012 11:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Getting meaningful information from the Reports menu

Hello,

All items report can also be obtained from Acquisitions - Item report.  In there, one can enter a date range for items added to lists.  Results can also be limited by importance and/or resource type.

Mehves

>>> Annette Moore <[log in to unmask]> 14/02/2012 10:46 >>>
I was wondering to what extent other libraries are using the Reports function in Aspire to obtain statistics on reading lists.  Although there is a fairly comprehensive list of reports covering a range of things, I am struggling to get the figures I need to management reporting because the report shows all the lists or all the items etc ever put on Aspire and I can't find a way to filter this to lists for a particular time period (term or academic year).

Have others found a way to do this or are you interested in developing the Reports to filter by time period or importance to enable more meaningful reporting?  I have raised this as an Idea but currently only has 3 votes...

http://ideas.talisaspire.com/forums/32805-campus-edition-ideas/suggestions/2247431-display-the-term-of-lists-in-the-reports-results

Please add your votes to this and comments if you would like the Reports to be more flexible.

Annette

Annette Moore

Technical Services Librarian

Library Building
University of Sussex
Falmer
BRIGHTON
BN1 9QL

T: 01273 877046
E: [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE list, click the following link:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE&A=1