________________________________

From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Reynolds Janet (RWG)
West Hertfordshire TR
Sent: 13 February 2012 09:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Journal claims

Dear All,

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties claiming some of the non
delivered issues of American Journals for last year? Our subsciption
agent is passing on the information that the publisher says we have
passed the maximum number of claims allowed - we are only allowed to
claim for two issues a year. If more than two issues have failed to
arrive (despite numerous claims) then I feel we are entitled to receive
them as we have paid for them.  Maybe I'm just being grumpy, but I also
feel that the agent should be able to say to the publisher that this is
not an acceptable response. If anyone has succeeded in getting a
publisher to back down from this stance I would be very grateful to hear
about it.

Janet

Janet Reynolds

Librarian

Watford General Hospital

Vicarage Rd

Watford

WD18 0HB

Tel:01923 217437

Fax: 01923 217909

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust is applying to become a
Foundation Trust and you can be part of this exciting change.  Become a
Member Make a Difference!  Contact Kelly Hickman on 01923 436280, email:
[log in to unmask], or visit our website:

*********************
The information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public
disclosure under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information
Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the
confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. If
you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies. Please
inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses.

For further information on West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust visit
our website

Thank you for your co-operation.

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net