Hi,

The cause of state flaping ( Q->W->Q->W->Q  ) is the following i think:

* wn gets the job with stagein definition (set of files to be copied to WN)
* wn tries to copy the files so job turns into W state
* wn does several copy attempts before it gives up and returns job to a
Q state (may take a long time)
* maui/moab tries to start the queued job again so the situation repeats
until job gets held/canceled by scheduler. Some maui configurations put
a job into a hold state after serveral unsuccesfull job start attempts.
Such hold can be released automatically by maui after a certain period
defined by DEFERTIME if i recall correctly

The fact is that job blocks resources and it must be deleted by hand