Call For Papers, MMLA Conference in Cincinnati, November 8-11, 2012.

(Chair: Daniele Fioretti, Miami University)

“I Owe You”: Debt and Debtors in Italian Literature, Cinema, Theater, and Media

This session deals with all aspects of debt, both literal and metaphorical. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

-        indebtedness and influence;

-        borrowers and lenders;

-        bonds and contracts;

-        oaths and promises;

-        gifts and giving;

-        forgiveness;

-        gratitude;

-        debts of affect (towards parents, masters, literary models).

All theoretical and interdisciplinary approaches are also welcome. Papers may be in English or in Italian. Please send the title of your paper and a short abstract (200 words) to:

Daniele Fioretti, Miami University, [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html