Hi All

At Portsmouth on the south coast of the UK we are offering a permanent lectureship available from September 2012. Candidates are invited who have a strong publication record in high quality journals and evidence of attracting external research income or the potential to do so. We require someone who contribute to our undergraduate teaching programme in some or all of the following areas: structural geology, petrology, fieldwork and economic geology. Portsmouth has a growing, dynamic department and we particularly seek keen and motivated people who can join and enhance our Crustal Evolution Research Group. Our analytical facilities include LA-ICPMS (for geochronology and trace elements), SEM-EDS and CL, XRF, XRD, research grade microscopes and imaging, mineral separation and rock crushing facilities and a thin section lab.

The deadline for applications is Friday 2nd March. Expressions of interest or informal discussions can be made by contacting the Head of School, Dr Rob Strachan ([log in to unmask]).

Please follow this link for further details and application procedures: http://www.port.ac.uk/vacancies/academic/vacancytitle,150049,en.html

Craig Storey
Principal Research Fellow
Director Crustal Evolution Research Group
Burnaby Building
University of Portsmouth
Burnaby Road
Portsmouth