Being an Effective Trustee or Board Member

On 28 February Effective Governance: Strategic Teamwork for Trustee Boards and Committees(http://bit.ly/wNnx7V) is coming to Creating Capacity.  Lynne Gillett is our expert trainer for the day and with over 20 years experience in the culture and heritage sectors, she is the perfect person to get Trustees and Board Members to think and work effectively with the organisation's they support.

Who is it for?
This course has been tailored for the needs of Board /Management Committee members and Trustees, Steering Committee members and those staff who service and support their board and/or committees.

What will I learn?
Participants in the session will explore:
* How to identify and maintain a board/committee’s strategic focus
* Board/Committee group dynamics – roles, knowledge, different styles, skills and personalities
* Alternative models of holding meetings, debating and group decision making
* Your own leadership style and how it works with others

The benefits?
In joining the course Board and senior management team members will gain from a session which provides practical guidance; inspiration and invaluable case studies.  It will mean your governance structure allows your organisation to face the age of austerity with purpose and a clear strategic direction.

What do I do next?
All Creating Capacity courses include a full day’s training, all course materials, lunch and three months post course support from your expert trainer.  There are a limited number of Renaissance London funded(
http://bit.ly/wtq350) places left for this course - so act quickly! But there are still a number of standard rate places available at £155 plus VAT. Don’t forget you can book and pay for your course online(http://bit.ly/xPzrLb) or if you’d rather, just email me or give me a call.

Have a look at the online calendar(http://bit.ly/ugDYUy) to find out about any Creating Capacity courses. We've recently put up the courses for April - July 2012  so go and see where your learning will take you in the next financial year!

Kind regards,

Lucy Auger

Creating Capacity
Tel:  079 8565 9425
Email:
Follow us on Twitter: @LearningCC

Web: www.creatingcapacity.org

Learning programmes for the culture and heritage sectors to develop confidence and inspire now and for the future