Hello out there in GEM-land!

I wonder if you can help..

We currently run a youth group here at the Museum affectionately called ‘Yak Yak’.  We currently have 13 members that meet regularly and the group is run by myself and the volunteer co-ordinator.  For the past 26 months this group has been fairly laid back and relaxed, planning a programme around the Museum collections, being involved in some gallery planning, assisting with events and organizing their own Roman-themed project that included walking Hadrian’s Wall.

At the end of March I depart the Museum shores and the contract for the volunteer co-ordinator may possibly end.  To this end, and to ensure continuity of the group, I am keen to establish terms of reference or alternative regs to embed this into our organization.  The group are meeting next week to discuss this in greater detail but I would like to give them some suggestions on where to start and pointers from other organizations.

So I am hoping that you lovely people out there in the ether may be able to make suggestions, offer ideas or send me some super attachments that can help the group in making some serious decisions…

Good to get support from GEM.  Look forward to the flood of replies..

Jules

Julie Wooding

Learning & Access Manager

Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery Trust