Hi Michael

If you need anatomical segmentations with high accuracy, you might
want to consider using the Hammers atlases
(http://www.brain-development.org, follow Atlases-Adult).  We've had
great success in propagating and fusing these in target space,
bypassing the need for spatial normalization (see
http://www.soundray.org/maper).  We use IRTK and Nifty Reg for the
registration, and FSL just for tissue classification, but it should be
feasible with FNIRT, too.

Best regards

Rolf

--