Dear Everyone,

In 1st level FEAT, I normally choose the Slice Timing Correction _and_ EV
Full Model Setup's "Add Temporal Derivative".

However, when discussing it with another researcher, he is of the opinion
that we should use either one and not both. In fact, he says it is better
to use "Add Temporal Derivative". After the discussion, I went back to
check FSL webpages and still cannot see why we cannot use both. I am
interested to find out what do you think.

From my point of view, both aims to fit the data to the waveform better in
its own way. Slice Timing by 'repositioning' the slice (using
Hanning-windowed interpolation) and Temporal Derivative works by
'softening' the harsh waveform so that it stand a better change of a
better  waveform in the presence of timing error and other noise. Both are
complementary. If I use both, at worst what I get is one of the step is
redundant. However, I acknowledge that I am simply looking at this from
10,000 ft and the real life nitty-gritty of statistics and computing will
no doubt complicate the matter.

Thanking you all in advance and Best Regards,
Cinly