From: Dr. Amy Price [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, 6 February 2012 6:41 a.m.
To: Simon Hatcher; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Odds ratios explained

Hi Simon

I use the diagrams with the circles like they use for prostrate cancer and
advice for statins. Actually if anyone want to know where one of these
exists for breast cancer and BC screening I would be grateful This way it is
concrete, takes no abstract thought and is free of maths. I also do this for
myself so I can see what I am looking at. Patients don't care about the
population as much as they care about what is their personal risk and they
frequently get Odds wrong, turning them into fractions etc.

Best Amy