and as importantly, ensuring an EBM course today has a stronger focus on patient values and preferences and the issues involved..what the research shows and what are the gaps etc. as values and pref are as critical as the soundness of the underlying evidence.

Best,

Paul E. Alexander

--- On Wed, 2/8/12, Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: looking for input on the attributes of a good online EBM course
To: [log in to unmask]

Other good contact is Khalid Khan and his team at Birmingham University in England who were part of a group that developed an online modular system around EBM.  They have published a RCT reporting use and when located I will send a link!  Also Rod Jackson in Auckland has excellent resources around critical appraisal.  Resources on CEBM website really helpful too.  I think the key is to ensure an application focus rather than just developing critical appraisal skills; also important to include clinical guidelines which are often not included in such courses.

Good luck.

Best wishes

Dr Jenny Morris
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) Health Studies
Faculty of Health, Education & Society
University of Plymouth
Knowledge Spa
Truro