From: s alhabib <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Odds ratios explained
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Simon:

An Odd ratio of 4.5, for example, in explaining the risk of developing diabetes in male than female is to say: male is 4.5 times more likely to have diabetes than female if they did not excercise...this is an a virtual example and does not imply any sort of evidence,

Samia Dr. Samia Alhabib, MD, MSc PHC, PG-Dip EBHC
Research Associate
Academic Unit of Primary health Care
Faculty of Medicine
University of Bristol,