Dear All

I would be grateful to be pointed in the direction of any research that meets the following criteria :-

1. It must involve surveying disabled people who have a work history about the barriers that they had to overcome to achieve, maintain and improve their work status, and must only be disabled people's views;
2. Ideally, I would prefer emancipatory research (research led and controlled by disabled people), but I would like to know about other examples too that you consider of value;
3. Ideally, it should be as recent as possible;
4. Ideally, it would be in a United Kingdom context, but I would be interested to know about examples from elsewhere, the closer to the UK context the better;
5. Ideally it would be pan-impairment, but if it is emancipatory I would be happy to look at specific impairment research;
6. Ideally it would cover employment, self-employment and cooperative-type employment, but I would be happy to look at anything which narrows down the field to just mainstream employment barriers.

Secondly, do you believe there is a need for emancipatory research on the issue of successfully overcoming work barriers in the UK and other contexts, and are you currently involved in any ?

Best wishes

Andy Rickell
CEO
The Vassall Centre Trust