Hello Erik,
I find your paper very helpful. I had been wondering about the contribution
that a disabled persons experience of 'limitedness' (in an ableist culture)
might make to thinking about compulsive consuming in a society that cannot
accept the concept of limitedness, in relation to resources. And you have
put your finger on it, in a so much more elegant way, when you write of
interdependencies.
More later.
Thanks again for sharing this.
Best wishes,

Sue

--On 20 February 2012 19:16 +0800 erik leipoldt <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hello Sue and Deborah.  I have been long interested in the two sides of
> the disability/climate change coin. On one side the disproportional
> impacts on this extra-vulnerable group (in many more ways than the direct
> environmental event impacts) and on the other side the contribution to
> living with climate change (in a 'disabled world') inherent in applying
> practices and underlying values of living a 'good life', rich in
> supportive, networks of relationships (or 'inclusion' if you like). Does
> this help: http://www.dpiap.org/news/detail.php?typeid=1&newsid=0000293
>
> Very interested to keep in touch on this.
>
> Regards
>
> Dr Erik Leipoldt PhD

Sue Porter
Research fellow
Norah Fry Research Centre
University of Bristol

The Norah Fry Research Centre offers a Masters Degree in Disability
Studies: Inclusive Theory & Practice:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/norahfry/teaching-learning/masters/