I Wasn't sure if you were looking for the screen reader or the books.

For the screen reader Thunder is free (I've heard mixed reviews about how well it works)

For books there are there are lots of places. Besides  e-book repositories like project gutenberg: http://www.gutenberg.org/  there are also services such as Google books

And if you are looking for something to work with braille aware devices The American Action Fund has just made a number of free braille books availabale on line: http://www.actionfund.org/actionfund/default.asp

-Gregg