 I'm not sure that doing both (that is, in some circumstances adding both a
"coverage" and "about" statement with the same triple subject and object)
resolves the problem, as we would need to be able to identify those
circumstances - and this requires the same level of definition clarity as
for "coverage" and "about" (subject) as independent properties.

I wonder what the effect might be on end-user applications. As I suggested
before, including the objects of dct:coverage instance triples in a subject
index may lead to false drops; at least, what are considered false drops by
the user. Some users may "see" jurisdiction as being an "about" entry
(happy to retrieve the Lake Michigan waterfront resource in a search for
stuff about Lake Michigan), while others may not. On the other hand, major
KOSs often conflate/confuse subject with genre and form, so I'm probably
being too precise - it's usually better to err on the side of recall in
large-scale, high-level resource discovery systems, isn't it?

Cheers

Gordon