From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Phil Bradshaw
Sent: 21 February 2012 10:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Truly amazing! [Going through the looking glass]

But isn't the point not that the security services picked this up - I for one am reassured that their sniffers detect phrases such as 'destroy america' - but that they then lacked the flexibility to respond more appropriately once it was obvious, as it must have been, that here was simply a cultural misunderstanding, of terminology which would be common in some UK circles .

And they must have understood that, as they would otherwise have taken far more serious steps.