From: The UK Community Psychology Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Emma Scott-Smith
Sent: Thursday, 1 March 2012 2:48 a.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Critique of Medical Model

Hi all,

I have not been on the list serve for a little while so to refresh my name is Emma Scott-Smith. I am a proffessional artist and currently writing up my research thesis at Stirling university in the area of art and mental illness/disability. I employ a community critical psychological ethos and I am the only person left in my dept in this field.

My research employs Artivism and concsientization with theoretical underpinnings from Freire, Foucault and Martin-Baro so forth. I would really appreciate advice or reading materials regarding examples of Critiques of the Medical Model for example the anti psychaitry movement, hearing voices network? Also, any thoughts regarding the position of researcher in collaborating with a mental health and arts group to raise awarness and identify social constructs whilst engaging in praxis, and my epistemological and ontological points i.e. generating new knowledge?

Sorry, I know there is a lot in this query!
With many thanks,

Emma

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6925 (20120229) __________

http://www.eset.com