Hi Joel,

The way I solved this problem was by generating a linear peptide and then connecting the ends using a LINK card in the header of the pdb.

Good luck!
Herman

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joel Tyndall
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 10:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] Generating parameters/cif files for macrocyclic ligands

Hi folks,

I have an intriguing problem. I’m trying to generate a cif file for a macrocyclic peptide (of the likes in pdb1d4k). They are cyclic tripeptides units. I can generate a pdb or mol2 file easily. I have used PRODRG to generate a .cif file and Coot read thjis in nicely. However, as it is cyclic one cannot adjust the dihedral angles. I have previously done this using CNS where you can break the tricyclic peptide into residues and generate parameters to specify bonds/links between the residues (which allows this kind of movement). I can’t come up with a way to do this  without using CNS. I have looked ta J-ligand which allows for one link “between” two separate residues which precludes a macrocycle. I have looked at sketcher within CCP4 which reads the pdb files but I don’t believe this can be done here. Within Coot I can refine the whole ligand but not certain components.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated . ( I may stick to coot refinement with fixed atoms at this stage)

Regards

Joel

_________________________________

Joel Tyndall, PhD