On 14/02/12 08:17, Alexander U. Singer wrote:
> Hi -- I was installing the latest version of CCP4 6.2.0 on my machine
> which uses Linux Fedora Core 5.  When downloading the CCP4 package, I
> used the 'generic linux (x86) option'.  The package contains an
> package for Coot v 0.6.2 which I tar'ed and uncompressed, but when I
> try to run it, I get this error
>
> ./coot-real
> ./coot-real: error while loading shared libraries: libgio-2.0.so.0:
> ./coot: line 254: 16409 Floating point exception$COOT_PREFIX/bin/guile
> -s $COOT_PREFIX/share/coot/scheme/coot-crash-catcher.scm $coot_real $*
>
> Do you know how I can overcome this problem?

I guess you need to install the library.

For me it's in the following package

glib2-devel-2.28.8-1.fc15.x86_64.

Either that, or you need a binary that has older dependencies.

It's unusual for an .so not to be a link (used by developers).  I am
surprised that the binary you are using is linked to an .so.

FC5 is pretty ancient these days.

Paul.