Hi
 i do not want to get into trouble by going against any products
The plates what you are talking about as soon it came out we tested.

I did not look back to see if there was a monoolein:cholestrol coated plate.
The ones i used were for sure monoolein coated ones.
That tells it all.The rest of the plates still unused.

I set up plates with bacteriorhodopsin even that did not work in our hands
(the bacteriorhodopsin set up otherwise would
work very well.)

By the way it did not work for me did not mean it is bad.

And the plates were in plasticware made it highly birifringent to
document the results.

But the plates Patrick says here i am not sure about.
If Patrick want to to tell me a little bit more about i would like to hear that.

I would set up plates the normal way.
I am really not convinced mesophase will form
by just adding protein-detergent to a previously poured monoolein.
anyway i am also interested to hear experts views of the method
adapted in this product.
There is a poster that they shown at their website shows
bacteriorhodopsin and another membrane protein crystallized using these
plates.

These are my personal opinion.

Pius

--