Dear friends and colleagues,

I would like to introduce you to an exciting forthcoming telematic communication arts event 'Decode/Recode' and invite you, your colleagues  and students to participate and interact through multiple networked channels of live communication via image, sound, text, animation, video/conference, online virtual worlds and code - recoded or decoded. This is to celebrate the centenary year of Alan Turing's birth, as part of the official opening of the University of Salford building at MediaCityUK on 23rd March 2012. We will be connecting for 24 hours with 24 partners worldwide for a live digital media performance displayed across five large format Christie-Tile HD screens at MediaCityUK.

Please see the attached project description for more information, and please let me know if you, your colleagues or your students would like to take part in this  event. I look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes, Paul Sermon

Paul Sermon – Professor of Creative Technology
Associate Head (Research & Innovation) School of Art & Design

University of Salford
Centenary Building
Peru Street, Salford
Greater Manchester, M3 6EQ
United Kingdom

Tel. +44 (0)161 295 6149 | Fax. +44 (0)161 295 5678 | Mobile. +44 (0)7753 167726

http://www.paulsermon.org
http://vimeo.com/paulsermon

====
Paul Brown - based in OZ Nov 2011 to May 2012
http://www.paul-brown.com == http://www.brown-and-son.com
OZ Landline +61 (0)7 3391 0094 == USA fax +1 309 216 9900
OZ Mobile +61 (0)419 72 74 85 == Skype paul-g-brown
====
Synapse Artist-in-Residence - Deakin University
http://www.deakin.edu.au/itri/cisr/projects/hear.php
Honorary Visiting Professor - Sussex University
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/ccnr/research/creativity.html
====