Thanks, Seamas, for the post and links about the death of Dorothea Tanning.  If anyone is interested I did a piece on her recently for Lyndon Davies' Junction Box.  I'm glad it got posted before she died. Her work is terrific. The piece I wrote was not intended as a piece of art crit but my personal relationship to her most famous painting which has been a permanent feature on my wall for...well for ever it seems...

http://lyndondavies.co.uk/w/1389/geraldine-monk-the-tanning-room/

A remarkable woman all round,

(Oh and Junction Box is a very interesting magazine which Lyndon started about a year ago The idea is that poets write about other interests beside poetry).

Geraldine