From:         Carla Marchesan <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:       "This is the list of ARLIS/UK & Ireland: the Art Libraries Society." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:         Tue, 21 Feb 2012 13:52:40
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: using screen sharing software to help with subject enquiries

Dear Pandora, David and all,
I have used nothing more sophisticated then Skype for screen sharing even with international calls for occasional one-to-one demonstrations/training, and sometimes it is good and others not so good.
On the pros it is free and available internationally.
The cons are that how well it works depends on the equipment and phone line used by the parties involved and traffic at the time of call. And it also depends on how important it is to have a very good image quality, which is not so good and I wouldn't recommend doing a Crit.
Best wishes,
Carla

Carla Marchesan | Librarian
D +44 (0)20 7613 8507